CMS Requirements of Participation Seminar
The Requirements of Participation: Bringing Them to Life in Your Center
Friday, April 7, 2017 | Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore
This one-day seminar, hosted in conjunction with the American Health Care Association (AHCA), will help long term care centers prepare to make necessary changes to comply with the new Requirements of Participation (RoP) that will be enforced in three phases (starting Nov. 28, 2016, Nov. ' 17 and Nov. '19). This informative and interactive seminar includes a mix of presentations and multiple exercises using material designed to help centers start to make changes they need to comply with the RoP enforced in Phases I and II. Attendees will also learn how existing resources and priorities - including the AHCA Quality Initiative, the Quality Award program and Long Term Care Trend Tracker - can assist them in meeting these new requirements.
This event is SOLD OUT.
Please email Sarah Duff if you would like to be added to the wait list.
- Lyn Bentley, AHCA Vice President of Quality & Regulatory Affairs
- Holly Harmon, AHCA Senior Director of Clinical Services
Topic Areas Include:
- The admission process, including newly-required resident notifications;
- Changes to the care planning process emphasizing person-centered care and the new baseline care plan;
- Discharge planning;
- Staffing requirements, including demonstrating staff competencies and new training requirements;
- New policy and procedures;
- New physical building requirements;
- Care practices needing changes;
- Adverse event prevention and monitoring, including infection prevention and control and medication prescribing;
- The new facility assessment of residents and resources; and
- The new requirement for a Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) plan and more.
- Recognize the key changes to the federal requirements
- Identify the necessary actions to take within your center to successfully comply with new regulations
- Integrate learning into an Action Plan that can be initiated upon return to your center
- Understand how regulatory changes fit with existing priorities (AHCA Quality Initiative, Quality Award program and Long Term Care Trend Tracker)
- Understand how integrating all of the components of your organization into a unified system can help your organization succeed
Attendees are strongly encouraged to bring with them the following that will be used in interactive exercises:
- A copy of your center’s most recent standard survey;
- QA Committee agenda and reports;
- Discharge summary sample (de-identified) or template; and
- Sample (de-identified) or template comprehensive care plan.
All sponsorship opportunities are sold out for this event. Please contact Jenny Early for questions.
Thank You to Our Sponsors!
Click here to view our Seminar Sponsors.
Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore
2225 N Lois Ave
Tampa, Florida 33607
Room Rate: $159 + Applicable Taxes
Reservations: Call (813) 877-6688 and ask for "FHCA Spring Training" or register online here.
Room Block Cut-Off Date: March 10