FHCA Nurse Leadership Program
Enjoy engaging speakers and lively discussions as you collaborate with and gain a wealth of knowledge from national nursing leaders who will discuss the latest clinical techniques and proven long term care solutions based on case studies. Attendees will learn from their research and practical experiences and will identify shared expectations of high quality clinical care in Skilled Nursing Facilities and Assisted Living Facilities. The annual Nurse Leadership Program is a time for important networking, as well as personal and professional growth. Come and be a part of this exciting event!
Pre-Registration is now closed. Onsite registrations only will be accepted at this point.
- Click Here to Download the Attendee Brochure
- Click Here for Registration Confirmations
- Click Here for Session Handouts (password protected for registered attendees only)
Continuing Education Credits
Attendees can find an official Continuing Education Report of their badge scan on the MTS Tracking Link (posted by June 10). FHCA will submit those hours to CE Broker by July 25, 2014.
- Mary Tellis-Nayak and Vivian Tellis-Nayak, the 2013 American Health Care Association 2013 Champion of Quality Award recipients, will share outcomes of a good workplace setting that result in employee stability and improved quality outcomes.
- Sue Ann Guildermann will return for a hands-on workshop on reducing sleep deprivation, the use of chair and bed rails, and falls.
- Polly Weaver of the Agency for Health Care Administration will examine the major problems identified through the survey process.
- Breakout Session with Agency Field Office Representatives to discuss Immediate Jeopardy decision-making.
- Welcome Reception & Tabletop Expo, offering time to connect with your professional peers and learn more about cutting-edge products and services.
- 2014 Long Term Care Excellence in Nursing Awards Luncheon, spotlighting the outstanding nurses leading the way in quality long term care.
- Earn Continuing Education while you network and learn - up to 16.5 CEUs available.
- Special Session: Laws and Rules of the Board of Nursing, to help nurses meet their new continuing education requirement established in 2013 by the Florida Board of Nursing.
- Pre-Nurse Leadership Sessions, including an MDS 3.0 Training for DONs and Administrators, the LPN Supervisory Training and CNA Train-the-Trainer for RN Instructors and the Alzheimer’s Training
- Click Here to read more about the sessions offered during the 2014 Nurse Leadership Program.
- NEW THIS YEAR! Special Session: Laws and Rules of the Board of Nursing
This new session, free for all NLP registrants, will satisfy the new Florida Board of Nursing continuing education requirement, which all licensees must meet before renewing in 2015. View the Sessions Overview page for full details. ADVANCED RSVP IS REQUIRED FOR THIS SESSION.
The Tabletop Expo is Sold Out. Contact Jenny Early at FHCA to have your name added to a waiting list.
- Click Here to download the Sponsorship and Tabletop Expo Brochure.
- Click Here to view the Tabletop Expo Floor Plan as of 4/29/14.
- Click Here to view a list of the 2014 Exhibitors and Sponsors.
- Click Here to view an actual picture of the ballroom.
Long Term Care Excellence in Nursing Awards
Each year, FHCA recognizes recipients of the Nurse Administrator, Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse and Certified Nursing Assistant of the Year awards at the Annual Awards Luncheon. Click here to learn more.
Pre-Nurse Leadership Program Sessions (Tuesday, May 27)
Pre-sessions will include the Alzheimer's Training, LPN Supervisory Training and CNA Train-the-Trainer for RN Instructors, and the MDS 3.0 Training for DONs and Administrators. Click here to review details for each pre-session, including the time of event, descriptions and learner objectives.
The room block at the Don CeSar Hotel is currently SOLD OUT. A limited number of rooms have been added at the Don CeSar Beach House Suites located one mile down the street. Complimentary shuttle service is provided.
Don CeSar Beach House Suites
3860 Gulf Blvd.
St. Pete Beach, FL 33706
Group Name: Florida Health Care Association
Reservations must be made by May 4 (or until the room block is sold-out) to receive the special rate of $139/night (+ $5 resort fee).
Click here for more information about the Beach House Suites.