Education | Events
MDS Major Updates: Know the Operational Changes Needed - A Virtual, Live Training
Significant updates are coming to the Minimum Data Set (MDS), which will be effective October 1, 2023. Facilities need to understand what's changing to identify gaps in policies and processes. Doing so will help leaders and the facility team be better prepared to consider how data and supporting documentation will be collected and provided to ensure proper MDS coding.
FHCA's MDS Major Updates: Know the Operational Changes Needed, delivered on June 21 at 1:30 p.m. EST, will assist facility leaders in developing their strategies to adapt operations to coordinate with the MDS changes and to use the MDS to develop a person-centered care plan. This virtual, live training will address at least 15 significant changes to the MDS 3.0 version 1.18.11. Attendees will learn the interdisciplinary processes required to capture the new MDS items, ensure proper reimbursement and outline the potential impact these updates will have on Five-Star Ratings and Quality Measures.
Nursing Home Administrators and Corporate Executives, Directors of Nursing and ADONs, Therapy Directors and MDS team members will all benefit from this program.
Virtual, Live Broadcast Program: How It Works
- Delivered via a two-hour live, virtual training session on June 21, 2023.
- Training Date: Registered attendees will access the live broadcasted training via Zoom on June 21, 2023, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. EST.
- Training Materials: Post-quiz; handout materials
- Continuing Education Credits: Attendees will earn a total of 2 computer-based CEUs.
- FHCA will post contact hours to CE Broker by July 12, 2023. Participants must attend the two-hour live, virtual training and complete the post-quiz by July 7, 2023, at 4:00 p.m. EST to receive CEUs.
Meet the Presenter
Robin A. Bleier, RN, HCRM, President, RB Health Partner, Inc.
Robin A. Bleier is the President of RB Health Partners, Inc., a long term care consultancy firm. She is the past Chair of the FHCA Emergency Preparedness Council, past Chair of the FHC-PAC, and a vested long term care advocate through her volunteerism and affiliation with numerous professional associations and committees. Robin is a featured state and national presenter, is FHCA’s RAI-MDS-PPS Bootcamp trainer and has been educating on this and other topics nationally since 1998. RB Health Partners, Inc. has a strategic partnership with FHCA, consulting with the Association on quality affairs, including survey readiness.
- FHCA Member: $75
- Nonmember: $105
Registration and Cancellation Deadline: June 20, 2023
For More Information