Education | Events
FHCA offers specialized trainings that can help members grow their long term care workforce, or help current long term care professionals meet their licensure requirements. Some trainings are delivered as a stand-alone event, while others are offered in cojunction with FHCA's statewide conferences.
Workforce Webinars (Recordings & Handouts)
- Tired of Turnover? Making Care Staff a Destination - Sept. 15, 2021: (Recording & Handouts)
- April 2021 Workforce Webinar Series: (Recruiting and Motivating Staff During Difficult Times, Building Resilience in Your Senior Living Staff, Staffing Strategies for SNFs in a Pandemic World, Harmonizing Innovative Labor Solutions to Recruit and Retain Multi-Generational Talent).
- Staff Engagement - the Key to Sustaining Person-Centered Care Webinar - March 31, 2017: (Recording & Handouts)
Personal Care Attendant Program
- From PCA to CNA: A Best Practice Webinar on Developing Your Center’s Program and Helping Your PCAs Advance Their Careers Webinar - Sept. 17, 2021: (Recording & Handouts)
- Personal Care Attendant Program Instructor Guide and Training Materials
- Personal Care Attendant Study Guide for CNA Exam
LPN Supervisory Training and CNA Train-the-Trainer for RN Instructors
This four-hour session is especially packaged for RN education directors. A streamlined two-for-one session, it will cover everything required to prepare LPNs to supervise CNAs, as well as train CNAs to take the CNA exam. Includes two training manuals. For more information, contact FHCA Trainer Kim Broom, FHCA Director of Clinical & Regulatory Services.
Infection Prevention and Control Officer (Online Training)
FHCA's online training program offered in partnership with the American Health Care Association (AHCA). This self-study, self-paced online training covers all components of the new Infection Prevention and Control Requirements from CMS. Individuals who complete the course will be trained to effectively implement and manage an Infection Prevention and Control Program at their nursing facilities. Learn more here.
Preceptor Refresher Course
Board of Nursing Home Administrators’ regulations pursuant to 64B10-16.0025(2), FAC, require all Florida Nursing Home Administrators with Preceptor Certification to take a two-hour Preceptor Refresher Course upon license renewal every two years. This course will meet that requirement. If you are considering becoming a Preceptor, this session will also provide an overview to help you understand the needs and expectations of AITs and Preceptors. FHCA’s Senior Director of Quality Affairs, Deborah Franklin will moderate this session as experts, including current and past members of the Board of Nursing Home Administrators, probable cause panel members and experienced Preceptors share their knowledge. Learn more here.
Preceptor Provider Training
FHCA's Preceptor Provider Training prepares nursing home administrators to serve as Preceptors for students in the Administrator-In-Training (AIT) Program or College-Based Internship required for individuals who plan to become licensed nursing home administrators. FHCA's preceptor training meets the requirements of the Board of Nursing Home Administrators as set forth in Rule 64B10-16.0025, F.A.C. It delivers 6 contact hours of continuing education and focuses on the preceptor and AIT program and regulatory requirements, expectations and needs, domains of practice, mentorship and developing the facility training program.This online training program will be delivered over five sessions - two 1.5- hour live sessions and three, 1-hour pre-recorded sessions delivered on-demand. Learn more here.