News & Publications: Press Releases
Florida’s 2022 AHCA/NCAL Bronze National Quality Award Recipients Announced
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – The American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL) has announced that 13 Florida skilled nursing centers and 1 assisted living facility are recipients of the 2022 Bronze – Commitment to Quality Award. These 14 Florida recipients, all of them Florida Health Care Association members are among the 180 long term care providers in 40 states that achieved the Bronze award. With this recent announcement, Florida now has 144 centers statewide that have earned Bronze distinction for their commitment to high-quality care.
The Bronze award is the first of three distinctions possible through the AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Program, a comprehensive organizational assessment and recognition program for long term care providers. Each application is reviewed and judged against a set of nationally recognized standards for achieving excellence.
The following 14 Florida facilities earned the Bronze-Commitment to Quality Award for 2022:
- Apopka Health and Rehabilitation, Apopka
- Avante at Leesburg, Leesburg
- Avante at Ormond Beach, Ormond Beach
- Fort Lauderdale Health & Rehab, Fortt Lauderdale
- Gulf Coast Medical Center SNU, Fort Myers
- Joseph L Morse Geriatric Center, West Palm Beach
- Lake Gibson Village Health and Rehabilitation Center, Lakeland
- Palm Vista Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Key West
- Palmetto Subacute Care Center, Miami
- St. Andrew Post Acute and Rehab Center, Tampa
- The Lakes of Clermont Health and Rehabilitation, Clermont
- Lodge at Cypress Cove, Fort Myers
- The Tradition of the Palm Beaches, West Palm Beach (Assisted Living Facility)
- Williston Health Care Center, Williston
Along with the 144 Bronze National Quality Award recipients, Florida is home to 99 facilities that have earned the Silver Quality Award. The 2022 National Silver Quality Award recipients will be announced later this month. Florida also boasts 2 Gold Quality Award recipients – The Villages Rehabilitation and Nursing Center in Lady Lake and Highlands Lake Center in Lakeland.
Florida award recipients will be recognized during FHCA’s 2022 Annual Conference & Trade Show at the Hyatt Regency Orlando, July 31-August 4, as part of the Quality Award Ceremony and Celebration sponsored by Medline Industries. This event serves to recognize all FHCA members that earn quality achievements, including the National Quality Award, Governor’s Gold Seal for Excellence in Long-Term Care, and Joint Commission accreditation.
AHCA/NCAL will officially present the National Quality Awards during AHCA/NCAL’s 73rd Convention & Expo in Nashville, Tennessee, on October 9-12, 2022.
# # #
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 6, 2022
Kristen Knapp, APR
850-510-4389 or firstname.lastname@example.org