News & Publications
Long Term Care Photo Contest
The 2021 Long Term Care Photo Contest is Now Open for Submissions!
Deadline: March 6, 2021
Due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, FHCA's 2020 Long Term Care Photo Contest was canceled. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you submitted a photo for the 2020 contest, you can resubmit your entry for 2021 if the photo was taken after January 1, 2020. However, please consider that photos should reflect current COVID-19 precautionary measures (including face masks), as they will be displayed in a public setting on Facebook.
Pictures tell stories, help FHCA tell yours! FHCA member skilled nursing centers and assisted living facilities are invited to submit photographs for the 2021 Long Term Care Photo Contest. This year's contest will focus on the Bright Spots During COVID, with pictures representing how your staff and residents stayed resilient throughout the COVID-19 pandemic with activities, virtual visits, community support, drive-by parades and more.
Photo Contest Rules
- The contest is open to amateur photographers *who live, work or volunteer in an FHCA member skilled nursing center or assisted living facility or are employed by an FHCA member.* Photography should not be the primary form of employment and/or revenue for the individual submitting photographs.
- Photos must be submitted in electronic format.
- Photos must have been taken between January 1 - December 31, 2020.
- Each member facility may enter up to three photos.
- Color and black and white images will be accepted.
- Photos should depict the lives of residents and/or staff.
- Photo themes include special holiday/birthday events, drive-by parades, virtual/in-person visitations, health-related services involving residents and staff, and portraits of residents and/or staff.
- Administrators must approve the submission of each entry.
- Employees submitting photos must follow the facility policies regarding photography and resident privacy.
- Every individual identifiable in the photograph (resident or responsible party and/or employee) must have signed a photo release form.
Submit Your Photo
A limit of 3 photo submissions are allowed per per FHCA member facility.
When uploading your photo via the Photo Submission Form below, be sure to include the Photo Release Form, which must be signed by every person in each photo. *If you experience difficulty submitting your entry, please contact Kristen Knapp at email@example.com.
- 2021 Submission Link
- Download the Photo Release Form as a Word Document
- Download the Photo Release Form as a PDF
*In addition to FHCA's Long Term Care Photo Release Form, FHCA Regulatory Counsel Karen Goldsmith wants to remind members to review CMS S&C Letter 16-33-NH: Protecting Resident Privacy and Prohibiting Mental Abuse Related to Photographs and Audio/Video Recordings by Nursing Home Staff. Residents' rights to privacy of their appearance and property are protected, along with their right to be portrayed with dignity. Photos must have clear consent of the resident or his/her legal representative.
FHCA's Photo Contest Judges (includes Florida Leaders and members of the FHCA Public Relations Committee) will select up to 20 finalists, after which the public will have an opportunity to vote for the top three overall winners via the FHCA Facebook page. Everyone entering a photo will be notified by late April, with finalists given instructions on how to participate/promote the Facebook voting contest. All winning photos, along with the narratives, will be displayed during the FHCA Annual Conference & Trade Show, as well as on FHCA’s website and through additional promotions by FHCA.
- The center’s photo earning the most Facebook votes will be selected as the Overall Winner and receive a cash prize of $500.
- Second Place Overall Winner will receive $300.
- Third Place Overall Winner will receive $200.
- Each winning center will have the opportunity to use the cash prizes toward a center-wide pizza party, ice cream social or other event for residents and staff.
- Each photographer for Overall, Second and Third Place will receive a $50 VISA gift card.
Congratulations to Our 2019 Winners!
The Bristol at Tampa Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
93 Year Young and Army Strong
Brynwood Health and Rehabilitation Center
Lake Placid Health and Rehabilitation Center
DeSoto Health and Rehab
Peace at the River
Michelle Tew, CNA