Education | Events
LPN Supervisory Training and CNA Train-the-Trainer for RN Instructors
May 26, 2020
FHCA Nurse Leadership Program Pre-Session
Don CeSar Hotel
St. Pete Beach, FL
Workforce is a critical challenge facing long term care providers. This four-hour session is especially packaged for RN education directors. A streamlined two-for-one session, it will cover everything required to prepare LPNs to supervise CNAs, as well as train CNAs to take the CNA exam. Includes two training manuals.
12:00 - 4:00 p.m. (Registration Open 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.)
During the CNA Train-the-Trainer Session, participants will receive an Instructor’s Guide which includes:
- Step-by-step instructions on how to set up a CNA Test Preparation course, complete with forms to use;
- Members-only access to forms and course tests;A comprehensive 12-chapter review (based on OBRA) of the information needed to pass Florida’s nursing assistant competency demonstration exam, complete with tests;
- A review of the basic skills, cross-referenced with skills covered in the nursing assistant competency exam;
- The process and timeframes now in place for Florida’s computer-based testing of nursing assistants;
- A review of supplies and materials to conduct a course;
- The pros and cons of testing nursing assistants in your own facility; and
- An overview of the regulations and options related to the CNA's authorized duties, discipline and certification.
This course is appropriate for FHCA member center staff with primary instruction responsibilities and/or administrative oversight. The registered nurse who will be the instructor must attend. In accordance with Florida Statutes 464.003, only the registered nurse’s scope of practice provides for the teaching of nursing skills in Florida.