Education | Events
March 22, 2019
Greystone Healthcare Management
4042 Park Oaks Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33610
Directions Only (813) 635-9500
Parking is Complimentary
Workforce is a critical challenge facing long term care providers. FHCA's CNA Train-the-Trainer course instructs RNs how to conduct the FHCA 80-hour CNA Test Prep Course in their facility and prepare prospective or hired employees for taking the nursing assistant competency demonstration exam to be certified. The session includes a review of the revisions to the exam's theory section and each participant will receive the Long Term Care Nursing Assistant Fundamentals curriculum. Kim Broom, RN, FHCA's Director of Clinical & Regulatory Services and a Registered Nurse with more than 20 years' experience in long term care, will lead attendees through this course.
1:00 - 4:00 p.m. (Registration Opens at 12:30 p.m.)
During the CNA Train-the-Trainer Session, participants will receive an Instructor’s Guide which includes:
- Step-by-step instructions on how to set up a CNA Test Preparation course, complete with forms to use;
- Members-only access to forms and course tests;A comprehensive 12-chapter review (based on OBRA) of the information needed to pass Florida’s nursing assistant competency demonstration exam, complete with tests;
- A review of the basic skills, cross-referenced with skills covered in the nursing assistant competency exam;
- The process and timeframes now in place for Florida’s computer-based testing of nursing assistants;
- A review of supplies and materials to conduct a course;
- The pros and cons of testing nursing assistants in your own facility; and
- An overview of the regulations and options related to the CNA's authorized duties, discipline and certification.
This course is appropriate for FHCA member center staff with primary instruction responsibilities and/or administrative oversight. The registered nurse who will be the instructor must attend. In accordance with Florida Statutes 464.003, only the registered nurse’s scope of practice provides for the teaching of nursing skills in Florida.