Gold Seal Award
The Governor's Gold Seal Award recognizes Florida nursing centers that demonstrate excellence in long term care over a sustained period while promoting the stability of the profession and facilitating the physical, social, and emotional well-being of nursing center residents. Established in 2002, the program was developed and is implemented by the Governor’s Panel on Excellence in Long-Term Care (Panel), which is comprised of persons appointed by the Governor’s Office, Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA), Department of Health, Department of Elder Affairs, Florida Health Care Association, Florida Life Care Residents Association, LeadingAge Florida, and the State Long Term Care Ombudsman. Click here for a list of current Panel members.
FHCA members with questions about the Governor's Gold Seal Award can contact Deborah Franklin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Panel grants the Gold Seal Award to Florida nursing centers twice a year. Applications are reviewed in two periods: MARCH 15 (Quality of Care Score available by February 15, obtained from the preceding quarter ending Dec. 31) and SEPTEMBER 15 (Quality of Care Score available by August 15, obtained from the preceding quarter ending June 30).
- Click here to access the Gold Seal application
- Click here to review Gold Seal Quality of Care Scores (list of qualifying centers for the current Gold Seal review cycle).
Gold Seal Criteria
Centers must meet a quality of care scoring and ranking that places them in the top 10 percent in their region or top 15 percent in the state and be a Five Star center in the AHCA Nursing Home Guide. Gold Seal recipients must also be in operation a minimum of 30 months prior to the date of application, and the center must:
- Have no Class I or II deficiencies within 30 months preceding application
- Provide evidence of financial soundness and stability
- Participate in a consumer satisfaction process involving residents, family members and guardians
- Involve families and members of the community in the facility on a regular basis
- Have a stable workforce
- Have an outstanding record with the State Long-Term Care Ombudsman Council within the 30 months preceding application
- Provide targeted in-service training to meet training needs identified
FHCA members with questions about the Governor's Gold Seal Award may contact Deborah Franklin at email@example.com.
- Gold Seal Facility Listing (Use Advanced Search Option)
- Legislation to Streamline Financial Reporting for Gold Seal Award Applicants Passes Legislature (Feb. 2016)
- Destination Excellence…Destination Gold Seal (FHCA Pulse, July 2015)
- Governor's Gold Seal Award (FHCA Pulse, October 2014)
Current FHCA Gold Seal Award Recipients (As of June 2019)
- Alpine Health and Rehabilitation Center, Saint Petersburg
- Ayers Health and Rehabilitation Center, Trenton
- Baldomero Lopez Memorial Veterans Nursing Home, Land O Lakes
- Brooksville Healthcare Center, Brooksville
- Carrollwood Care Center, Tampa
- Clifford Chester Sims State Veterans Nursing Home, Panama City
- Concordia Manor, Saint Petersburg
- Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, Orlando
- Delaney Park Health and Rehabilitation Center, Orlando
- Haven Of Our Lady Of Peace, Pensacola
- Joseph L. Morse Health Center Inc., West Palm Beach
- Oak Hammock at The University Of Florida Inc, Gainesville
- Okeechobee Health Care Facility, Okeechobee
- Palace at Kendall Nursing And Rehabilitation Center, Miami
- Regents Park of Winter Park, Winter Park
- Opis Riverwood Center, Jacksonville
- Royal Oaks Nursing and Rehab Center, Titusville
- Opis Ruleme Center, Eustis
- Whispering Oaks, Tampa