Education | Events
ICD-10 On-demand Specialized Training
Future Dates Coming Soon
FHCA’s 10-hour On-demand ICD-10 Specialized Training is designed to help attendees understand the ICD-10-CM Coding Manual and how to effectively use it to code and sequence resident conditions. Through five, two-hour on-demand video sessions, participants will learn key coding conventions and guidelines, key terminology definitions, chapter-specific coding guidelines relevant to skilled nursing facilities, along with common pitfalls to avoid when coding diagnoses and the MDS. The presenter will also review components of the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) manual and how diagnoses and coding play an essential role in MDS, care planning and reimbursement under the Patient Driven Payment Model.
This program is geared toward executives at the regional/corporate level, administrators, nurses, therapists and professionals focused on MDS and coding at the facility level.
On-demand Training: How It Works
- Delivered over 5, Two-Hour On-demand Video Sessions.
- Training Dates: On-demand Video Sessions must be accessed and completed between April 20-May 14, 2021.
- Training Materials: 5 On-demand Video Sessions; handout materials; ICD-10 Manual.
- Continuing Education Credits: FHCA will post contact hours to CE Broker by June 11, 2021.
Upon completion of the 10-hour course, participants have the option to take an emailed, open-book examination to demonstrate their competency in ICD-10-CM Coding.
- Articulate the ICD-10 code set
- Brief on Index to Diseases and Injuries
- Clarify risk adjustment and its intention related to coding
- Detail an item-by-item review of the ICD-10 manual to optimize proper identification of appropriate codes
- Explain chapters on condition categories and long-term use of drug lists
Heather Py, RHIT, CCS, CHPS, RAC-CT, is the Director of Health Information Management with RB Health Partners, Inc. She brings over 22 years of health care experience and expertise with her focus in the long-term care profession. Mrs. Py holds an Associate in Science Degree in Health Information Management from Hodges University. She is an active member of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and is certified as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), a Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), and Certified in Healthcare Privacy and Security (CHPS). She is also a member of the AHIMA Long-Term Post-Acute Care (LTPAC) Practice Council and an active member of the Florida Health Information Management Association (FHIMA). In addition, Mrs. Py is an active member of the American Association of Nurse Assessment Coordination (AANAC) and is certified as a Resident Assessment Coordinator.
April 20, 2021
Course Materials Released
On-demand video sessions/training materials available to registered participants via the FHCA virtual event platform
May 14, 2021
Course Completion Deadline
All video sessions must be completed by 4:00 p.m. EST on May 14 to receive course credit (10 CEUs)
Registration is CLOSED. Questions? Please contact email@example.com.
Be sure to review the registration policies before signing up.
For More Information