Education | Events
Virtual ICD-10 Specialized Training
June 13-30, 2022
FHCA’s 10-hour Virtual ICD-10 Specialized Training is designed to help attendees understand the ICD-10-CM Coding Manual and how to effectively use it to code and sequence resident conditions. Through five, two-hour on-demand video sessions, participants will learn key coding conventions and guidelines, key terminology and chapter-specific coding guidelines relevant to skilled nursing facilities. This training will also address common pitfalls to avoid when coding diagnoses and Section I of the MDS. The presenter will also review components of the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) manual and how diagnoses and coding play an essential role in skilled nursing facility quality measures, care planning and reimbursement under the Patient Driven Payment Model.
This training is geared toward executives at the regional/corporate level, administrators, nurses, therapists and professionals focused on MDS and coding at the facility level.
On-demand Training: How It Works
- Delivered over 5, two-hour on-demand video sessions. Each video session is followed by a post-session quiz (10 hours total)
- Training Dates: On-demand video sessions and quizzes must be accessed and completed between June 13 – June 30 at 4:00 p.m. EST to receive CEUs.
- Training Materials: 5 on-demand video sessions; post-training quiz; handout materials; ICD-10 Manual.
- Completion Requirements: Participants must have completed the 10 hours of video sessions and post-training quiz by June 30 at 4:00 p.m. EST to receive CEUs.
- Continuing Education Credits: FHCA will post contact hours to CE Broker by July 8, 2022.
- Articulate the ICD-10 code set
- Brief on Index to Diseases and Injuries
- Clarify risk adjustment and its intention related to coding
- Detail an item-by-item review of the ICD-10 manual to optimize proper identification of appropriate codes
- Explain chapters on condition categories and long-term use of drug lists
Heather Py, RHIT, CCS, CHPS, RAC-CTA, is the Director of Health Information Management with RB Health Partners, Inc. She brings over 25 years of health care experience and expertise with her focus in the long-term care profession. Mrs. Py holds an Associate in Science Degree in Health Information Management from Hodges University. She is an active member of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and is certified as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), and Certified in Healthcare Privacy and Security (CHPS). She is also a member of the Florida Health Information Management Association (FHIMA) and the American Association of Post-Acute Nurse Care Nursing (AAPACN) and is certified as a Resident Assessment Coordinator Advanced.
Click here to register (Deadline - June 16)
- Members - $300
- Nonmembers - $500
Questions? Please contact email@example.com.
Be sure to review the registration policies before signing up.
For More Information
Contact Christina Michael
- Annual Conference & Trade Show
- Agency SNF Joint Training
- Agency ALF Joint Training
- Life Safety Joint Training for Nursing Homes
- MDS-RAI Trainings
- Online Learning
- Nurse Leadership Program
- Virtual Survey Readiness Training for Skilled Nursing Centers
- Virtual ICD-10 Specialized Training