Education | Events
ICD-10 On-demand Specialized Training
Stay Tuned for 2021 Training Dates
FHCA’s 10-hour On-demand ICD-10 Specialized Training is designed to help attendees understand the ICD-10-CM Coding Manual and how to effectively use it to code and sequence resident conditions. Through five, two-hour on-demand video sessions, participants will learn key coding conventions and guidelines, key terminology definitions, chapter-specific coding guidelines relevant to skilled nursing facilities, along with common pitfalls to avoid when coding diagnoses and the MDS. The presenter will also review components of the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) manual and how diagnoses and coding play an essential role in MDS, care planning and reimbursement under the Patient Driven Payment Model.
This program is geared toward executives at the regional/corporate level, administrators, nurses, therapists and professionals focused on MDS and coding at the facility level.
On-demand Training: How It Works
- Registered participants will be emailed 5, Two-Hour On-demand Video Sessions. Each video session is followed by a post-session quiz (10 hours total).
- Training Dates: On-demand Video Sessions and Quizzes must be accessed and completed between July 31-September 20 to receive CEUs for the 2020 Biennium.
- Training Materials: 5 On-demand Video Sessions; Post-Session Quizzes; ICD-10 Manual.
- Continuing Education Credits: FHCA will post contact hours to CE Broker by September 25, 2020. Participants must have completed the 10 hours of Video Sessions/Quizzes by September 20 to receive CEUs for the 2020 Biennium.
Upon completion of the 10-hour course, participants have the option to take an emailed, open-book examination to demonstrate their competency in ICD-10-CM Coding.
- Articulate the ICD-10 code set
- Brief on Index to Diseases and Injuries
- Clarify risk adjustment and its intention related to coding
- Detail an item-by-item review of the ICD-10 manual to optimize proper identification of appropriate codes
- Explain chapters on condition categories and long-term use of drug lists
Heather Py, RHIT, CCS, CHPS, RAC-CT, is the Director of Health Information Management with RB Health Partners, Inc. She brings over 22 years of health care experience and expertise with her focus in the long-term care profession. Mrs. Py holds an Associate in Science Degree in Health Information Management from Hodges University. She is an active member of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and is certified as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), a Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), and Certified in Healthcare Privacy and Security (CHPS). She is also a member of the AHIMA Long-Term Post-Acute Care (LTPAC) Practice Council and an active member of the Florida Health Information Management Association (FHIMA). In addition, Mrs. Py is an active member of the American Association of Nurse Assessment Coordination (AANAC) and is certified as a Resident Assessment Coordinator.
Stay Tuned for 2021 Dates
Course Materials Released
On-demand video sessions/training materials emailed to registered participants
Stay Tuned for 2021 Dates
Course Completion Deadline
All video sessions and post-session quizzes must be completed to receive course credit (10 CEUs)
- Registration is closed. Questions, please contact Christina Michael by email or by phone at (850) 224-3907.
For More Information