Education | Events
Life Safety and Emergency Management Summit Registration Policies
Registration Deadline: Registration ends on April 13, 2023. Registration confirmations will be emailed to each attendee. Please note this may take up to 7 days.
Cancellations: Cancellation and refund requests for registrations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com by April 13, 2023, to be eligible for a refund and are subject to a $50 cancellation fee. Requests received after April 13 will not be accepted unless cancellation is due to survey at your facility or emergency due to COVID-19. Cancellations due to a facility survey will still need to be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and FHCA will refund your registration with exception of a $50 administrative fee. Please allow up to six (6) weeks, from the date of request, for all refunds to be issued.
Content Disclaimer: All meeting content, including live, recorded, and written presentations, represents the opinions of the authors and speakers and should not be construed to be those of FHCA unless adopted pursuant to the bylaws of the Association. Nothing contained herein is to be considered as the rendering of legal advice for specific cases, and readers are responsible for obtaining such advice from their own consultants and/or legal counsel. This meeting content and any forms and agreements herein are intended for educational and informational purposes only.
Force Majeure Policy: Should the 2023 Life Safety and Emergency Management Summit be cancelled due to unforeseeable circumstances such as but not limited to acts of God (such as fire, natural disaster, weather related events, etc.), issues arising from COVID-19, power or internet failure that prevent the program, from happening at the date in which originally planned, FHCA will make every attempt to reschedule and your registration fee will be applied to the rescheduled date. If FHCA is unable to reschedule the program, your registration fee will be refunded within (6) six weeks of the Life Safety and Emergency Management Summit, being cancelled.
Changes to Life Safety and Emergency Management: FHCA reserves the right to change or modify the program based on space, speaker schedule or other circumstances. Please refer to the website for the latest schedule and information.
Virtual Event Code of Conduct: All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, sponsors, exhibitors, service providers and all other participants are required to abide by this Virtual Event Code of Conduct.
The following actions and behaviors are discouraged and will not be allowed:
- Presentations, postings and messages within the platform should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. FHCA reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Copying or taking screen shots of Q&A or any chat activity that takes place in the virtual platform.
- Sharing personal event registration login information with other individuals to attempt circumventing registration payment.
- Sharing CE Session Codes or placing the codes on the platform for others to earn credit.
COVID-19 Policy/ Guidelines: The safety and well-being of our members, including facility and corporate employees, speakers, sponsors, and exhibitors are our top priority. We are collaborating with health care experts to implement best practices aimed at managing the spread of the COVID-19 virus and following guidelines from the host hotel, the Florida Department of Health and Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Adherence to the FHCA event policy and guidelines will be continuously monitored and enforced by the association. As state and federal guidelines change, so will the FHCA Event Safety policy.
Despite safety precautions at the Life Safety and Emergency Management Summit, by FHCA and the host venue, participants, including speakers, should acknowledge that there is a risk of contracting the COVID-19 virus and that FHCA cannot prevent and is not responsible for such risk of infection to any person who chooses to attend meetings/event. FHCA requests that anyone who is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or has recently been exposed to a COVID-positive individual to stay home and avoid the risk of infection to others. By attending at the Life Safety and Emergency Management Summit, you acknowledge and agree to all the health and safety information outlined and affirm the information below.
COVID-19 Affirmation: By registering and attending the Life Safety and Emergency Management Summit, you attest that:
- I am not experiencing any symptoms of illness such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
- I do not believe I have recently been exposed to someone with a suspected and/or confirmed case of the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
- I have not been diagnosed with Coronavirus/COVID-19 and have not yet been cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities.
- I am following all CDC recommended guidelines as much as possible and limiting my exposure to the Coronavirus/COVID-19.