Education | Events
Nurse Leadership Program Event Safety Plan
Your safety and well-being are our top priority. This year, we have been working diligently to build on our commitment to deliver a safe, comfortable, and stress-free conference experience. We are partnering with The Don CeSar Hotel and are following their enhanced safety and rigorous cleanliness protocols in addition to the safety guidelines outlined by the Centers of Disease Control to ensure you participate with confidence. You can read through The Don CeSar’s Health and Safety Plan here.
In addition, we are collaborating with experts to implement best practices aimed at managing of the spread COVID-19 virus. FHCA has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus; however, FHCA, under no circumstances, is able to guarantee that you or a guest will not become infected with the virus while at the 2021 Nurse Leadership Program. Adherence to the FHCA event policy and guidelines will be continuously monitored and enforced by the association and hotel.
The following are steps we are taking. Please know that these protocols will be updated continuously as the pandemic evolves and Florida Department of Health and Centers for Disease Control guidelines change.
- Masks will be required in general, public areas of the hotel.
- Masks will be required by attendees in event space and inside education rooms but may be taken off when eating/drinking.
- Masks will be provided for all participants if needed.
- Masks and other PPE will be worn by hotel staff.
- FHCA is partnering with LTC vendors to provide sanitation products/services onsite.
- Routine cleaning and sanitizing of all areas throughout the hotel and meeting space.
- Sanitation stations will be placed throughout the hotel, especially in high traffic areas.
- Signage throughout hotel areas to offer reminders of CDC’s guidelines on health and hygiene.
Check-in/Registration & Info Desk
- Minimized touch points by digitizing many of the documents typically included in the Nurse Leadership registration packets.
- Plexi-glass barriers utilized at check-in desks.
- Signage and floor markings to indicate where attendees should stand when in a registration desk or other Nurse Leadership queue.
Event Space (non-Tabletop Expo areas)
- Reduced event capacity and limit the number of attendees to allow for space for physical distancing.
- Tables will not be used to eliminate classroom touchpoints.
- Attendees will be assigned to breakout rooms and will be required to stay in those rooms for the duration of the Program. Speakers will rotate rooms to present their sessions. The only presentation not rotating and will be live streamed is the AHCA Update with Kim Smoak. Attendees from any room will be able to ask questions live no matter which room they are assigned to.
- When space permits, directional signage will designate entry and exit into rooms to manage flow.
- Hotel will disinfect meeting rooms between sessions.
- Audio visual shared equipment will be sanitized between speakers.
- All rooms and events to have sanitization stations.
- Utilize outdoor spaces when available
Event Space (Tabletop Expo)
- Tabletop expo is split between two days to allow for all vendors to participate but have the ability to spread out.
- Less tabletops allowing larger aisles.
- Limited number of vendor reps at each booth.
- Hotel will thoroughly clean the tabletop expo overnight.
- Grab-n-go and/or individually packaged/served food for all events.
- Display stations only (no passed reception items).
Nurse Leadership Program Participant Affirmation
All participants will affirm the following before attending:
*I am not experiencing any symptom of illness such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty
breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of
taste or smell.
*I have not traveled internationally within the last 14 days prior to June 2.
*I have not traveled to a highly impacted area within the United States of America in the last 14 days
prior to June 2.
*I do not believe I have been recently exposed to someone with a suspected and/or confirmed case of
*I have not been diagnosed with Coronavirus/COVID-19 and not yet cleared as non-contagious by state
or local public health authorities.
*I am following all CDC recommended guidelines as much as possible and limiting my exposure to the