Hospitals and LTC partnerships can play an important role in working to promote the implementation of strategies to improve quality outcomes for patients and residents in their facilities. The Florida Health Care Association and Florida Hospital Association have partnered to support nursing centers and hospitals across the state through the Acute/Post-Acute Collaborative (APAC). The APAC goal is to build coalitions between acute and post-acute providers to strengthen those local and regional connections. What began as an effort to prevent rapid spread of COVID-19, increase infection prevention and control (IPC) educational opportunities and share IPC best practices has now grown into an expanded collaboration that now includes an effort to reduce readmissions. The Acute/Post-Acute Collaborative (APAC) will include:
Readmissions Prevention Series
Join us Monday, January 31, at 2:00 p.m. EST for the first event of a statewide readmission prevention series hosted by FHA, FHCA, and Alliant Health Solutions.
Attendees will hear from hospitals, nursing homes, and our state’s Quality Improvement Organization (QIN/QIO) on how we can work together to prevent readmissions. During this call Amy Ward, Infection Prevention Specialist with Alliant Health Solutions, will discuss tools and resources to prevent readmissions that are available for your use.
The series will continue on the last Monday of each month, through April 2022. All calls will be held from 2:00-3:00 pm EST. Series event dates are as follows:
- Monday, February 28
- Monday, March 28
- Monday, April 25
- Alliant Health Infection Control Interfacility Transfer Form
- “Go to the Hospital or Stay There” Decision Guide
- LTC Questionnaire Template
- Post-Acute Communication Spreadsheet
- Memorial Healthcare Systems COVID-19 Guide for Long Term Care
- FHCA-FHA Regional Hospital/Nursing Home Calls (8/21)
- FHCA Transfer and Admissions: Keys to Building a Strong Hospital -Nursing Home Partnership Webinar Resources (5/19)