Israel Emergency Resources
The war in Israel has created enormous heartbreak, stress, and trauma - whether people are directly impacted, are missing loved ones, or are anxiously following the news coverage from afar. Below are links for FHCA members to access resources, including those available in the State of Florida, and to help residents, staff and family members cope with these tragic events.
State of Florida Resources
Executive Order 23-208
To allow the State of Florida to carry out logistical, rescue and evacuation operations to keep its residents safe. Specifically, the Governor's Executive Order enables the Florida Division of Emergency Management to bring Floridians home and transport necessary supplies to Israel.
Israel Request for Evacuation
The Florida Division of Emergency Management (FDEM) is arranging for chartered flights home for Floridians currently in Israel. Click this link to complete the form to determine their ability to help.
FDLE and FHP Joint Memo on Terrorism to protect the Jewish community from threats and unlawful harassment.
Florida Dept of State
Information for Floridians Currently in Israel
Mental Health Resources
- Florida Division of Emergency Management Disaster Mental Health Resources
- FHCA Business Partners: Psychology/Mental Health Services
- Greater Miami Jewish Federation 24-Hour Helpline
- Resources for Survivors and the Public Following Disaster and Mass Violence - PTSD: National Center for PTSD (va.gov)
- Coping with Community Violence Together
- “How to Protect Your Mental Health While Keeping Tabs on the Israel-Hamas War”
- Trauma Informed Care
Donation & Support Services
- Global Empowerment Mission: GEM Bstrong in partnership with SmartAID, has embarked on a mission to provide immediate relief to families affected by recent events along the Israel-Gaza border in the south.
- Friends of the IDF: Emergency Campaign 2023 - FIDF
- Magen David Adom: Magen David Adom - AFMDA
- USA Federation of NY: Israel Emergency Fund » UJA-Federation of New York (ujafedny.org)
- Volunteer Florida Foundation: Governor's Special Initiatives
- AHCA Alert: Florida Accepting Medical Equipment Donations for the Israeli Hospital System
- Swords of Iron: Emergency Phone Numbers for those needing assistance from within Israel
Resources for Families
- How to Talk to Kids About What's Happening in Israel Right Now: This article from Kveller shares balanced scripts parents and family members can use with their children based on their age range.
- Helping Children Cope After a Traumatic Event: Common Sense Media gathers tips and conversation starters to help you talk to kids of different ages about the toughest topics.