News & Publications: Press Releases
12 FHCA Members Earn Governor’s Gold Seal Award
Governor Ron DeSantis recently approved 12 FHCA members for the Governor's Gold Seal Award for Excellence in Long-Term Care. The Governor's Gold Seal Award recognizes Florida nursing centers that demonstrate excellence in long term care over a sustained period while promoting the stability of the profession and facilitating the physical, social, and emotional well-being of nursing center residents. The following centers earned this impressive distinction (* designates Gold Seal status renewal):
- Abbey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center in St. Petersburg
- Alpine Health and Rehabilitation Center in St. Petersburg
- Baldomero Lopez Memorial Veterans Nursing Home in Land O' Lakes
- Cypress Cove Care Center in Crystal River
- Delaney Park Health and Rehabilitation Center in Orlando*
- Douglas Jacobson State Veterans Nursing Home in Port Charlotte
- Evergreen Woods in Spring Hill
- Haven of Our Lady of Peace in Pensacola*
- Joseph L. Morse Health Center, Inc. in West Palm Beach*
- Okeechobee Health Care Facility in Okeechobee*
- Royal Oaks Nursing and Rehab Center in Titusville*
- The Gardens at Depugh Nursing in Winter Park
“Florida's Health Care Association is pleased that Governor DeSantis and the Agency for Health Care Administration has recognized these centers with the distinguished Gold Seal Award. Florida's nursing centers continue to deliver high quality care, and recognition programs like these are important to helping give the public a clear picture of the positive care outcomes and customer service that long term care providers are delivering every day,” said Emmett Reed, Executive Director of FHCA.
Nursing centers that wish to be considered for the Gold Seal Award must submit an application to the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) which is reviewed by the Governor's Panel on Excellence in Long Term Care (Panel). Before making recommendations to the Governor, the Panel considers criteria including star ratings, survey outcomes, customer satisfaction, workforce stability, family interactions and financial soundness. Additionally, Gold Seal recipients must be in operation a minimum of 30 months prior to the date of application.
For more information about FHCA’s Gold Seal member centers, click here.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Kristen Knapp, APR
(850) 701-3530 or email@example.com