News & Publications: Press Releases
Florida’s 2023 AHCA/NCAL Bronze National Quality Award Recipients Announced
Tallahassee, Fla. - The American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL) recently announced the long term care centers that have earned the 2023 Bronze – Commitment to Quality Award. In Florida, 16 skilled nursing centers and 1 assisted living facility were among the 394 long term care centers in 47 states that achieved the Bronze award.
“Earning this award is an impressive milestone,” said FHCA Chief Executive Officer Emmett Reed. “Florida has always been a leader in delivering high-quality care, and it's because our members are known for constantly committing to the process of improvement. We are proud to recognize this year’s recipients.”
The Bronze award is the first of three distinctions possible through the AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Program, a comprehensive organizational assessment and recognition program for long term care providers. The program recognizes organizations that meet progressively rigorous standards of performance to improve the lives of residents and staff in long term care.
The following 17 Florida facilities earned the Bronze-Commitment to Quality Award for 2023:
- Baya Pointe Nursing & Rehab Center, Lake City
- Coastal Health and Rehabilitation Center, Daytona Beach
- Coquina Center, Ormond Beach
- Edward J. Healey Rehab & Nursing Center, Riviera Beach
- Flagler Health and Rehabilitation Center, Bunnell
- Good Samaritan Society - Daytona, Daytona Beach
- Blue Palms Health and Rehabilitation Center of Deland
- Highlands Lake Center, Lakeland
- Lake Mary Health & Rehabilitation Center, Lake Mary
- North Port Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, North Port
- Osprey Point Nursing, Bushnell
- Perry Oaks Health Care, Perry
- PruittHealth - Panama City, Panama City
- Regents Park of Jacksonville, Jacksonville
- Regents Park of Winter Park, Winter Park
- Sea Breeze Rehab and Nursing Center, Vero Beach
- St. Amaro Post-Acute and Rehabilitation, Wauchula
Florida continues to lead the nation in the Bronze - Commitment to Quality Award, with 161 centers earning this distinction. Additionally, 105 facilities in Florida have earned the Silver Quality Award, with the 2023 Silver Award applicants to be notified later in June. Florida also boasts a Gold Quality Award recipient – The Villages Rehabilitation and Nursing Center in Lady Lake.
“I applaud all of these providers for taking this important first step in their quality award journey,” said Mark Parkinson, President and CEO of AHCA/NCAL. “The work that they have accomplished lays the groundwork to continue to improve the lives of the individuals who live and work in long term care.”
Florida award recipients will be recognized during FHCA’s 2023 Annual Conference & Trade Show, July 23-27 at the Rosen Shingle Creek in Orlando as part of the Quality Award Ceremony and Celebration sponsored by Medline Industries. This event serves to recognize all FHCA members that earn quality achievements, including the National Quality Award, Governor’s Gold Seal Award for Excellence in Long-Term Care and Joint Commission accreditation.
The National Quality Awards will be presented during Delivering Solutions 23, the AHCA/NCAL’s Convention & Expo, October 1-4 in Denver, Colorado. Learn more about the AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Program here.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 5, 2023
Kristen Knapp, APR
850-510-4389 or firstname.lastname@example.org